Some of the companies have enjoyed the benefits after they have chosen to host the website along with a reseller. On the other hand, some companies have not been satisfied with their reseller host. Therefore, they may find it easier to open a reseller account that they can directly operate. However, in order to know how you can make the most out of reseller hosting, you must know every detail about the process and decide if it’ll work for you.
Facts about reseller hosting:
Sometimes it is seen that the hosts charge the reseller based on the number of clients. Therefore, as soon as the reseller includes a client, the reseller has to pay the host a certain amount of money. However, you can also make your choice from different available packages. Different host companies come up with different packages for reseller hosting and each of these packages offer various features. Some of the common features that you’ll definitely see in these packages are:
· You can not only accomplish your own strategies but you can also constitute different types of accounts based on your requirements
· The parent hosting organization gives you the privilege of branding your own company that is dedicated to web hosting and that is invisible to the clients
· You enjoy the bandwidth
· You also get to host the domain
· You get a certain amount of disc space
· You can offer the same features that the patent company offers its clients to your clients. Features like monitoring tools, emails, additional scripts, control panel etc. make the process of reseller hosting lucrative
Why you should choose Reseller Hosting:
Many service providers, as well as product developers who are dependent on the technology of the internet, choose web hosting services. You can purchase web hosting so that you can meet all your requirements at a time. On the contrary, you can deal with a company that already has web hosting service available in their package.
There are some services such as consultants for internet marketing, graphic designers, database programmers, website designers and web copywriters that can provide you with web hosting as a part of their reseller hosting program. As companies associated with these services make a purchase of bulk web space, they try to utilize it. Therefore, you often get a good deal from the companies that are associated with the mentioned services.
The factors that you should keep in mind while dealing with a web hosting reseller:
Though most of the web hosting resellers are reputed and they provide quality service to you, sometimes you may have to encounter hosts who aren’t loyal to their work. You must remember that all the resellers are not eligible of providing support in case you need any. Thus, you have to wait until the parent company provides you with customer support. In some of the cases, you may encounter issues like power disruption, a lower percentage of uptime. Therefore, you must make sure that the parent company of the reseller host that you are choosing is strong enough and has a market presence.
Some of the resellers either offer you less number of features or they simply increase the charge levied on you for using the hosting service. You can save some money if you choose to go with the parent company instead of choosing the reseller host. Occasionally, you may not be satisfied with the way the reseller host controls your website. You may not be able to access the information you need or move your website because the control is in the hands of the reseller host. Though this doesn’t take place generally, at times you may have to face issues and it’s better to be aware of these beforehand. In case you are already encountering the difficulties, make sure to find out which parent company the reseller is working with and contact the parent company immediately.
How you can start reseller hosting:
Some of you want to add web hosting to your existing services so that you can serve your users in a better way. Some others of you may be simply interested in the process of web hosting and want to start your own company. No matter what the reason is behind you wanting to run a web hosting company, you must be aware of how to start the process in the first place. You can follow some easy steps that will guide you through the process of web hosting without any problem. The steps are:
· Make sure that you do a good amount of research to find out which web hosting companies offer the reseller hosting feature
· Make sure to make an estimation of the new customers that you can add immediately after you set up your new company. The calculation helps you to determine which package you must choose
· Make sure to clarify the different sizes and types of the packages that you will offer your customers
· Fix the price that customers have to pay for availing your packages or the amount that the existing customers have to add if you are offering web hosting as a value-added service
· Make sure to compare among different Reseller Hosting Plans so that you can understand which is best suited for your requirements and also your budget
· Sign the contract only for the reseller package that will cater to your needs perfectly
· Make sure to get the information and instruction from the parent company so that you can set up your packages seamlessly
· As soon as you are done with setting up, start marketing campaigns and add new customers
· Make sure to provide support to your customers so that your business starts to grow
The benefits of reseller hosting plan:
Without mentioning some of the benefits of reseller hosting plans, the article will be incomplete.
· The white label allows you to acquire your own customer base under your brand name
· You can customize the packages based on the requirements of your clients
· The control panel gives the opportunity to the clients to manage the primary aspects of web hosting
There are many preinstalled applications such as WordPress, Drupal etc. that the clients can enjoy
You can now decide whether you need a reseller hosting or not as you have acquired the knowledge needed to understand what it is and how it works.